With school back in session its time for after school snacks! Here’s a fun and healthy treat sure to please.
This green smoothie recipe has a mild sweet flavor. The spinach primarily provides the color, while the flavor comes from the banana and nut butter. And the nutrition is something you can feel good about feeding your kids.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas, peeled and quartered
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
- Add the almond milk and spinach to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed and blend again.
- Give it a taste!
- If you’re serving this as smoothies, pour into glasses and enjoy. Or if you’re making popsicles, pour into your favorite icy treat molds and freeze before eating.
Servings: 4 smoothies; popsicle count will vary based on size of your molds
At this point you can adjust the recipe to suit your individual tastes – more liquid, more fruit, even more nut butter. The important thing is that it tastes good to you and is good for you!
Don’t have a blender or looking for a new one? QuiBids has you covered! New blender auctions starting all time at QuiBids.
Have a favorite smoothie or popsicle recipe? Leave a comment and share it with us. We’d love to hear from you!