This Broccoli Jalepeno Cornbread recipe was submitted into the Cooking with QuiBids contest by QuiBidder James H.
- 1/2 c (1 stick) melted butter
- 1/3 c chopped onion (i usually use sweet onion)
- 1/3 c small curd cottage cheese
- 8 oz (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz chopped frozen broccoli crowns
- chopped jar jalapeno to taste (i use almost 1/2 of a 12oz jar!)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 box (8oz) JIFFY corn muffin mix
- garlic powder to taste
Pour 2T vegetable oil into an 8 inch seasoned (well used) iron skillet. Heat skillet in oven while preheating to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients into your Kitchen Aid mixer (the batter will be very thick), pour into hot iron skillet. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 30 minutes (or until golden brown w/crispy edges). ENJOY!