Did you know that there are 350 slices of pizza eaten in America every second? That means that thousands of slices will have been eaten between now and the time you’re finished reading this blog post. That’s a lot of pizza!
There are a bunch of different types of pizza out there, but there is no flavor quite as loved as the famous cheese pizza. So in honor of September 5th being National Cheese Pizza Day, we thought we’d share some items you can get on QuiBids right now so you and your family can start becoming one of the 350 people each second who are enjoying a slice of pizza. And if you prefer homemade pizza, we’ve picked four of the cheesiest cheese pizza recipes we could find. These recipes range from the somewhat cheesy (1-cheese) to the extremely cheesy (4-cheese).
Our hope is that after reading this, you’ll never have to answer a question like this again:
What kind of pizza stuff can I get on QuiBids?
Click on these products below to see upcoming auctions on QuiBids. Or if you don’t have time to bid, simply Buy Now from the QuiBids Store and you’ll get Free Bids with each purchase!
Pacific Living 8-Piece Outdoor Pizza Kit
Cuisinart 14″ Pizza Pan
Westinghouse Pizza Accessory Kit
Melissa & Doug Felt Play Food Pizza Set
Pizza Hut Gift Card
Cheese Pizza Recipes
Now that you’re stocked up on your pizza making stuff, there’s only one thing left to do: Bake the darned thing. So here are some of the cheesiest cheese pizza recipes we could find. Feel free to RePin your favorites!
Simple Homemade Cheese Pizza Recipe
- Pizza Crust (homemade or store bought)
- Olive Oil
- Canned crushed tomatoes
- Dried oregano or basil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Put the pizza crust on a perforated pizza pan (like the one shown above).
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread the crushed tomatoes on the pizza crust
- Lightly sprinkle with dried oregano or basil.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe found at www.melaniecooks.com.
Mystic Double Cheese Pizza
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground piri-piri chilies or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (above)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together sauce ingredients, set aside. For best results, make this a few hours in advance (up to overnight) to let the flavors blend.
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450F
- Roll out the pizza dough into about 12″ round on a lightly floured board.
- Spread a handful of cornmeal on a pizza peel, and transfer the dough to the paddle.
- Spread 1 cup of pizza sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the diced onions over that, then top with the mozzarella.
- Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone, and bake 12-15 minutes until the edges and top start to brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Recipe found at blog.webicurean.com.
Three-Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces torn fresh mozzarella
- 1 ounce shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 ounce shredded fontina
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Herb oil
- Heat it up: Set up a grill with heat source, coals or gas, on one side over medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill.
- Stretch it: On a lightly floured work surface, stretch or roll 1 piece basic grilled pizza dough or 4 ounces store-bought dough into a 10-inch-long oval or other desired shape. Brush one side lightly with herb oil or olive oil and season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Grill it: Using your hands, place dough, oiled side down, directly over heat source. Brush dough with herb oil or olive oil and cook until underside is lightly charred and bubbles form all over top, 1 to 2 minutes. With tongs, flip dough and cook until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Slide dough to cooler side of grill.
- Top it: Top with cheeses, parsley, and red-pepper flakes; cover grill. Cook until cheese melts and toppings are heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
Recipe found at marthastewart.com.
Four-Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Italian sausage, crumbled, browned, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed oregaon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes or 1 1/4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 inches round pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix the tomatoes with the Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano to make the pizza sauce.
- Place the dough on pizza pan or baking stone. Prebake if desired. Ladle the sauce over the crust; spread evenly. Top pizza with the remaining ingredients. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden. Cut the pizza into wedges.
Recipe found at www.theitaliankitchen.org.
That’s it! Have you tried any of these recipes? Let us know how they are in the comments below. We hope you all have a wonderful Cheese Pizza Day! See more recipes by following our “Mmmm” Pinterest board below.
See what people are saying about Cheese Pizza Day on Twitter: