Today’s recipe from our friends at Gardening With Children is a Cinnamon Oat Baked Apples. They offer up the idea that this recipe doesn’t just have to be for dessert but would make a warm and comforting breakfast this winter. What do you think?
Cinnamon Oat Baked Apples
This recipe courtesy of iheartnaptime.net.
- 4 gala apples
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pecans (optional)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs apple juice
- Whipped cream
- Mixing bowl
- 8×8 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine oats and pecans with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake for 4-6 minutes until golden and toasted. Remove and set aside. Reduce oven temp to 325.
- Rinse and core the apples, but make sure not to cut through the bottom of the apple. You can use an apple corer or a paring knife. Make sure seeds are removed as well (scoop out with spoon).
- In a bowl combine oat-pecan mixture with brown sugar, yogurt , melted butter and cinnamon. Spoon mixture into the cavity of each apple. Place apples in an 8X8 inch baking dish. Pour apple juice in the bottom of dish.
- Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes until tender (not mushy). Top with whipped cream or ice cream and serve.
Cooking Tools Help
Don’t have one of the cooking tools needed for this recipe? Not to worry, QuiBids has you covered!
Cat Cora 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
The Cat Cora 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set features integrated measuring markings and a non-slip grip are two of the key features of the Cat Cora 3-piece Mixing Bowl Set. The set includes a 1.5-quart and five-quart mixing bowl as well as a three-quart colander. Buy it now for $39.99 and get 4 Free Bids!
Berghoff Earthchef Loaf and Square Pan Set
The Berghoff Earthchef Loaf and Square Pan Set is made up of heavy-gauge aluminized carbon steel with ceramic non-stick coating. The set inlcludes 10? x 10? and 5? x 9.25? pans. Buy it now for $49.99 and get 5 Free Bids!
Gardening With Children
Gardening With Children is a Facebook page about having fun with your children. It focuses on spending time outdoors with gardening, crafts and games, food filled with tasty vegetables, and building an appreciation of the world around us. Check them out!
Products shown are currently for US customers, but may vary per market and subject to availability.