This Peach Cobbler Cupcake recipe was submitted into the Cooking with QuiBids contest by QuiBidder Antondria P.
Peach Cobbler Filling
- 1 (24.5)oz Jar Dole Sliced Peaches in 100% Fruit Juice (use half the juice and dice the peaches)
- 4 (4oz)cups of Dole Diced Peaches 100% Fruit Juice. (no juice)
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 stick Butter
- pinch of salt.
- 2 TBS of flour mixed with 1/3 cup of water.
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs (rm temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups cobbler mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk(rm temp)
- 1 Roll refrigerated pie crust
- TBS Butter (melted)
Whipped Cream Icing
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 TBS confectioners’ sugar
- 6 TBS Glucose
- 1 1/2 tsp clear vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 3 to 4 standard muffin tins, by placing paper cupcake liners in them.
For the Crust:
- Roll out the Crust onto a cookie sheet, and place in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes (so that it can begin to brown). Once it has started to brown drizzle the melted butter atop the crust and allow it to continue to bake until it reaches a golden brown color. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for about 1 – 2 minutes. Break up the crust into small square pieces, then place in the bottom of the cupcake liners. (leave a little remaining so that you can use it to top the cupcakes.
For the Cobbler:
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a saucepan and let simmer for about 10 minutes until the syrup has formed properly. Then mix the flour and water mixture in a cup and slowly pour and stir into the simmering cobbler mixture. This will act as a thickening agent, if your cobbler mixture is not thick enough repeat the last step again. Sit aside and let cool.
For the Cake:
- Into a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time until just combined. Add vanilla extract. Add buttermilk and dry ingredients, (starting and ending with dry ingredients)til just combined. Mix in the peach cobbler mixture and until just combined. (be careful not to over mix).
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks before frosting.
Whipped Cream Frosting:
- Combine whipping cream and sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add piping gel and vanilla, then continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Do not overb-eat.