Gardening With Children knows that this can be a busy time of year for us all. You might even feel that there isn’t time to make a home cooked meal! Today’s recipe is the Italian Wonderpot and goes together in under 30 minutes!
The Italian Wonderpot
Recipe courtesy of budgetbytes.com.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- large saucepot
- Add four cups of vegetable broth to a large pot. Break the fettuccine in half to make stirring easier later, and then add it to the pot. Also add the canned tomatoes (undrained), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion (thinly sliced), garlic (thinly sliced), basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high. Allow the pot to come up to a full, rolling boil over high heat then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky and mushy. The pot must be boiling the entire time.
- After the pasta is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over top and serve.
- Other great ideas for add-ins: mushrooms, parmesan, artichoke hearts, or olives.
- This pasta can get a little soft, if you let it cook even just a little too long.
Cooking Tools Help
Don’t have one of the cooking tools needed for this recipe? Not to worry, QuiBids has you covered!
Berghoff Earthchef 8-Quart Stainless Steel Covered Stock Pot
The Berghoff Earthchef 8-Quart Stainless Steel Covered Stock Pot is in 18/10 surgical stainless steel and features riveted handles. The 6-ply copper-clad base provides for use on all cooktops. Buy it now for $99.99 and get 10 Free Bids!
Gardening With Children
Gardening With Children is a Facebook page about having fun with your children. It focuses on spending time outdoors with gardening, crafts and games, food filled with tasty vegetables, and building an appreciation of the world around us. Check them out!
Products shown are currently for US customers, but may vary per market and subject to availability.