Slow cookers, or crock-pots are used for simmering foods that require a relatively low temperature. This allows you to leave food unattended for many hours. When we think of slow cookers we generally think of pot roasts, stews and soups. But did you know it’s also great for dips, desserts and beverages?
This Halloween, try one of these tasty treats in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Recipe courtesy of bettycrocker.com.
- 5 cups strong brewed coffee
- 4 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream topping, if desired
- In slow cooker, mix all ingredients except whipped cream topping. Beat with whisk until well combined.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 2 hours, stirring once after 1 hour.
- Serve in mugs, and top with whipped cream topping.
Slow Cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake
Recipe courtesy of plattertalk.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 jar (16 oz) caramel sauce or ice cream topping
- Coat 4½ quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, turn to “high.”
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in mixing bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add packed pumpkin, blend until well mixed.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat at low speed for a minute or so until smooth.
- Spread evenly in slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high setting 2 hours or until center-inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cake stand, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack, invert again onto serving plate.
- Drizzle half of caramel sauce over cake. Serve warm with additional sauce.
Slow Cooker White Chocolate Candy Corn Fudge
Recipe courtesy of getcrocked.com.
- 1 c. pretzel, sticks
- 1 c. candy corn
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. white chocolate
- 7 oz. marshmallow fluff
- Break the pretzel sticks and place them in a bowl with the candy corn.
- Cover the bottom of an 8″x8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, cream, salt and butter in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 1 1/2 hours on Low or until heated through.
- In a separate bowl, combine white chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff and heated mixture from the slow cooker (either by hand or with a mixer). Mix until smooth.
- Pour all but a one-half cup of pretzels and candy corn into fudge, mix.
- Pour into Parchment covered pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with remaining pretzels and candy corn.
- Let cool and set in fridge for 3–4 hours.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!
More Halloween Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cookers on QuiBids
If you don’t have a slow cooker, there’s still time to buy or win won before Halloween! QuiBids has several models and sizes available.
Cuisinart PSC-650 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker
The Cuisinart PSC-650 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker is a programmable slow cooker. This exceptionally convenient countertop appliance makes it easier than ever to cook healthy homemade meals, delicious side dishes, and mouthwatering desserts for the family at home or to bring to a potluck or picnic. Buy the Cuisinart PSC-650 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker for $99.95 and receive 10 Free Bids!
Cuisinart PSC-350 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker
Slow cooking is an art form. And the Cuisinart PSC-350 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker perfects it using a precise, convenient 24-hour LCD countdown timer and four cooking modes including a warm function when the time elapses. It’s easy to make classic comfort foods or try out new gourmet creations – all in a conveniently-sized ceramic cooking pot that fits comfortably on any countertop. Buy the Cuisinart PSC-350 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker for $59.95 and receive 6 Free Bids!
Bella 13964 Dots Collection 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Set and go with the Bella 13964 Dots Collection 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker. This slow cooker is fully programmable; all you need to do is set the countdown timer between 30 minutes and 20 hours and you’re done. Attend to your guests while your food stays warm on the warm temperature setting. Its non-skid feet will prevent it from sliding on countertops. Buy the Bella 13964 Dots Collection 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker for $49.95 and receive 5 Free Bids!
Share Your Favorite Halloween Slow Cooker Recipe
What’s your favorite Halloween recipe in your slow cooker? Share it with us below or on our Facebook page and we might feature your recipe in our blog!
Products shown are currently for US customers, but may vary per market and subject to availability.