Today’s recipe from our friends at Gardening With Children is full of flavor and very easy to prepare. Better yet, when the chiles are in season, this recipe also works with fresh peppers!
Chile Rellenos Casserole
This recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.
- 2 cans whole green chile peppers, drained
- 8 oz cheese of your choice (cheddar, colby-jack, etc)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 5oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- can opener
- 9×13 casserole dish
Top your casserole with diced green onions, black olives or even jalapenos! If adding, sprinkle them on top of the casserole for the last 10 minutes or so of cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay half of the chiles evenly in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, and cover with remaining chiles. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, cumin and flour, and pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, pour enchilda sauce evenly over the top and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Continue baking another 15 minutes. Serve!
Cooking Tools Help
Don’t have one of the cooking tools needed for this recipe? Not to worry, QuiBids has you covered!
Core Kitchen Contemporary Can Opener
The Core Kitchen Contemporary Can Opener has comfort grip handles for an easy hold and easy to open can opener. Buy it now for $9.99 and get 1 Free Bids!
Anolon Vesta Stoneware 9 x 13-Inch Rectangular Baker
The Anolon Vesta Stoneware 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Baker provides every creative cook an ideal platform for creative flavor-building and more. The durability and functionality of Vesta Stoneware begins with superior stoneware construction and continues with each piece’s sleek, shapely design and a solid color glaze inspired by fine foods and flavors. Elegantly-tapered walls with tulip-flared rims and curved handles offer plenty of room for potholder grip and provide the finishing touch for superb presentation. Buy it now for $49.99 and get 5 Free Bids!
Gardening With Children
Gardening With Children is a Facebook page about having fun with your children. It focuses on spending time outdoors with gardening, crafts and games, food filled with tasty vegetables, and building an appreciation of the world around us. Check them out!
Products shown are currently for US customers, but may vary per market and subject to availability.