Today our friends over at Gardening With Children have another tasty treat for us. It is a savory and sweet corn and zucchini pie. This pie has no crust and instead focuses on the flavor of the filling!
Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie
Recipe courtesy of pinchofyum.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used both Mozzarella and Swiss)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- sharp knives
- large nonstick skillet
- pie pan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. While the veggies saute, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the basil, oregano, and salt. Stir once to combine. Add the cheese and the beaten egg.
- Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) with parchment paper or just grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice.
- Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
It will bubble up a little bit as it bakes, so put a pan under to catch drips if it’s really full.
Cooking Tools Help
Don’t have one of the cooking tools needed for this recipe? Not to worry, QuiBids has you covered!
Ginsu Chikara 12-Piece Knife Block Set
Ginsu’s blades are made from fully forged Japanese stainless steel that is known for its stain and rust resistance, strength and its ability to hold and incredible sharp edge. Buy it now for $139.99 and get 14 Free Bids!
Anolon 12-Inch Nouvelle Copper Nonstick Skillet
This Anolon Nouvelle Copper skillet features durable, hard anodized construction crafted with copper to deliver optimum heat control and perfect cooking performance. Buy it now for $99.99 and get 10 Free Bids!
Rachael Ray Stoneware 9-Inch Pie Baker
The Rachael Ray Stoneware 9-Inch Pie Baker makes creating pies, quiches and even smaller casseroles as much fun as enjoying them later! Buy it now for $24.99 and get 3 Free Bids!
Gardening With Children
Gardening With Children is a Facebook page about having fun with your children. It focuses on spending time outdoors with gardening, crafts and games, food filled with tasty vegetables, and building an appreciation of the world around us. Check them out!
Products shown are currently for US customers, but may vary per market and subject to availability.